We are beginning to see many business, organizations, and schools make plans responding to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) spread. At Bridgehaven and Treasures, we are committed to staying calm, educated, and prayerful regarding our response to what is occurring. We want to do our best to continue to serve families in our community through getting them the resources and help that they need, but we also have a duty to safety and health that must also be a priority.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
With a calmness of heart and a confidence in God, it is wise to be cautious and careful during this time. I want to share with you how we are handling the current situation, but please know that we are continuing to assess solid reports and information and to seek the Lord’s wisdom and discernment as the landscape continues to change day to day.
For now, we are asking all staff, volunteers, and clients to:
- Stay home when you’re sick. If you are sick or have been sick, staying home and taking care of yourself is always the best thing you can do for yourself and those around you. If you are unable to come in, please communicate with your department leader. Please know we will work with you to help whatever is needed. We are a nimble and flexible organization. If you need to work from home or take a break, we can make it work.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wash hands often. We cannot stress the simplicity and importance of this enough.
- Limit close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet). Our love for one another keeps us in close proximity. Please be mindful of the space between. Refrain from handshaking or hugging for the time being.
- Be in communication with your department leader about past and upcoming travel plans. If you have recently traveled, especially in confined spaces like cruise ships or airplanes, please consider where you’ve been and the impact it may have upon returning. We may ask that you to self-quarantine before returning to work or your volunteer position.
We are also taking these additional steps and precautions at Bridgehaven and Treasures:
- We will not be accepting walk-ins until further notice. Please contact us online or call us at(319) 364-8967 to schedule an appointment.
- Keeping our staff, volunteers, and clients informed. We will be posting information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 throughout the building.
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
- Washing down and disinfecting of heavily trafficked areas. All training rooms have been provided cleaning kits. Instructors will wipe down rooms after every class. In addition, we are wiping down the grocery area and all community areas multiple times a day.
- Screening new clients. We are exploring the possibility of implementing a process to screen new clients (over the phone) before coming in for a pregnancy test or ultrasound. We will continue to seek guidance from our medical partners in the area on the best way to do this and respond as necessary.
More will come over the next few days and weeks as we see what occurs in our area. I ask for your patience, flexibility, and peace as we plan for the things we know and then things we do not know quite yet. There will be many meetings and conversations as we explore our options in a situation like this one.
We believe Bridgehaven has set a standard of care that continues to keep the needs of our clients and the safety of everyone a top priority. We will continue to assess and adjust as new information comes our way. When that happens, we will continue with a posture of prayer, discernment, and communication to keep you informed.
I pray a blessing of health for you all.